What you’ll need:
1. Wash and trim the ends of the green beans and set aside.
2. Chop the fronds off the fennel bulbs where they meet the white bulb. Wash and inspect the bulb for any defects and remove with a knife or peeler. Cut the bulb in half and remove the center core by cutting a wedge out of the bottom of the bulb.
3. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice the fennel and set aside.
4. Supreme your orange by slicing each end off until the pulp is exposed. Set the fruit cut-end-down onto a cutting board and slice the peel off, working in sections from top to bottom, until all of the peel and white pith are removed. Lay the peeled fruit on its side and carefully cut the fruit into wedges along the thin membranes dividing each orange section. De-seed as necessary and set aside.
5. Heat the oil on high in a wide sauté pan until shimmering. Add beans and a sprinkle of salt and roast until slightly blistered and wrinkled. Stir and roast on all sides for about 5-8 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and place in a serving bowl. Mix in fennel and orange slices.
7. Place dollops of fresh ricotta cheese on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.