Spicy Spiked Hot Chocolate
To keep you warm during these chilly days, grab a mug of our Spicy Spiked Hot Chocolate (morning, afternoon, or night, we won’t judge).
Makes 2 mugs
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 tsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut into rings
- 3 oz coffee liqueur, divided
- ½ cup chilled heavy cream
1. Chop the pepper into rings and set aside.
2. If making spiked whipped cream, do so now by combining the heavy cream, 1 oz of coffee liqueur and beating with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form or add to a jar, seal with a lid and shake vigorously. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the whole milk, and chopped jalapeno pepper and allow to heat through, whisking slowly for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk constantly. Once the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture has simmered for about 3 minutes, remove from heat and strain into a large measuring cup to separate out the pepper chunks.
6. Stir in the remaining 2 oz of coffee liqueur.
5. Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with a dollop of spiked whipped cream.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *