This botanical beverage is surprisingly light and original and is delicious any time of the year! Dress up the cocktails with a gorgeous garnish of lime wheels, fennel fronds, arugula spears or nasturtium flowers.
Makes one cocktail
What you'll need:
- Cutting board and knife
- Cocktail shaker
- Coupe glass or similar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fennel bulb, plus a sprig of fronds
- ¼ cup packed arugula leaves
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz gin
- Lime rounds, arugula leaves, or nasturtium flowers, for garnish
1. Mix up a batch of simple syrup (1:1 hot water to sugar) if you don’t have any.
2. Add the thinly sliced fennel bulb and fronds, arugula, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker and muddle until the fennel is bruised and arugula is darkened.
3. Add gin to the shaker and muddle briefly.
4. Add ice and shake for about 20-30 seconds, until very cold.
5. Strain into a glass and garnish with lime, arugula, or nasturtium flower. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment