When you don’t know what to do with the produce spilling from your garden, and you don’t want it to go to waste, have a pickling party! Whip up a batch of flavorful brine and pack some jars with anything that takes your fancy.
What you’ll need:
1. Whisk together all of the brine ingredients in a medium saucepot and heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stuff jars with pickling veggies, fresh herbs, garlic, and ginger (to your taste), leaving room in each jar for the brine.
3. Remove the bay leaves from the brine and pour it into a large bowl or measuring cup with a pour spout. Scrape down the sides to get all the spices and seeds.
4. Fill each jar with the brine, spices, and seeds to the top and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
5. Seal the jars with lids and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before snacking!
6. Enjoy for up to three weeks.
Comments will be approved before showing up.