When it’s too hot outside to turn on the oven, whip together this refreshing and flavorful salad for a quick weeknight meal or for a beautiful weekend dinner party. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and easily made vegan by subtracting the goat cheese, this sweet, savory, and crisp salad will please the entire crowd!
What you’ll need:
Cutting board and knife
A pint glass (see our tip below for how to peel a mango!)
Small jar with lid for the vinaigrette.
5 oz spinach
1/4 cup sorrel leaves
1 mango, cubed
1 avocado, cubed
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 tbsp Safflower oil
3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Maple syrup
½ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
½ tsp Coarse salt
1. Toast the sliced almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until they’re golden and fragrant.
2. Toss spinach and sorrel together in a salad bowl.
3. Peel and cube the mango (check out our awesome peeling tip in the video!) and avocado and thinly slice the red onion.
4. Mix the mango, avocado, and onion into the greens.
5. Top with goat cheese and almonds.
6. Add all vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar and shake thoroughly to combine. Dress the salad to taste.