Herbed Chickpea Salad
Creamy and delicious, this salad is like elevated potato salad-- swapping protein-rich chickpeas for starchy potatoes, and adding a zip of lemon juice, spicy radishes, and a pile of aromatic herbs. Whip this up for a perfect vegetarian side dish for a backyard BBQ or take-along lunch.
What you’ll need:
- Serving bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Fork for mashing
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 ½ tsp country dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped and divided
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 3 cans (45 oz total) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup radishes, chopped
- ½ scallions, thinly sliced
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas and set aside. Chop herbs, celery, radishes, and scallions and set aside.
2. In the bottom of a serving bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and about ⅔ of each herb.
3. Add about ⅓ of the chickpeas and lightly mash them with the dressing using a fork.
4. Add the remaining chickpeas, celery, radishes, and scallions and toss. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or serve topped with the remaining herbs and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *