Ground Cherry Cayenne Hot Sauce
Add a sweet and spicy zip to tacos, roasted veggies, scrambled eggs, pizza, nachos, and more with this unique hot sauce! This 5-ingredient recipe makes one cup of hot sauce but can easily be doubled (or tripled), canned and gifted to the hot sauce fanatic in your life.What you'll need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Saucepot and stovetop
- Food processor
- Canning jar with lid
- 1+ cup ground cherries, husked and rinsed
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 large cayenne peppers, chopped
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ cup honey
1. Combine ground cherries, vinegar, cayenne peppers, and salt in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the cherries and peppers have softened.
2. Add the contents into a food processor and add honey. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt as necessary.
3. Pour the hot sauce into a jar. Enjoy immediately or seal and refrigerate for up to a month.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *