Autumn Carrot Ginger Cocktail
The prep for this cocktail may seem like a lot, but the payoff is massive with this delicious autumn-inspired drink. Sweet carrot juice mingles with the spicy ginger liquor and zesty lemon for a complex but utterly drinkable cocktail. Making a large batch of ginger liqueur and storing it in the fridge means you can enjoy this drink any time of the year!
What you’ll need:
- Juicer (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cocktail shaker with strainer
- Cocktail glasses
- 1 ¼ oz vodka
- ¾ oz ginger liqueur
- 8 oz vodka
- 7 oz simple syrup (1:1 ratio of hot water to granulated sugar)
- 2 oz raw ginger juice, freshly juiced or store-bought
- 1 oz water
- ¾ oz carrot juice, fresh or store-bought
- ¾ oz lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 5 drops salt solution (8:1 ratio of hot water to kosher salt)
- Garnish with top-on baby carrots, borage flowers, lemon peel, or a sprig of savory herbs
Makes one cocktail
1. Juice ginger and carrots separately if doing so and set aside.
2. Make the simple syrup by vigorously shaking together ½ cup hot water and ½ cup granulated sugar in a sealed jar.
3. Make a large batch of ginger liqueur by combining together 8 oz vodka, 7 oz simple syrup, 2 oz fresh ginger juice, and 1 oz water. Seal in a jar and mix well to combine; some settling is normal.
4. Make the salt solution by combining 8 teaspoons hot water with one teaspoon of kosher salt and mixing well until dissolved. Set aside.
5. Into a cocktail shaker add ice, 1 ¼ oz vodka, ¾ oz prepared ginger liqueur, ¾ oz fresh carrot juice, ¾ oz fresh lemon juice, and 5 drops of prepared salt solution. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass with ice.
6. Garnish with your choice of fresh baby carrot with tops on, borage flowers, lemon peel, or a sprig of savory herbs and enjoy!
Check out the recipe video below!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *