The prep for this cocktail may seem like a lot, but the payoff is massive with this delicious autumn-inspired drink. Sweet carrot juice mingles with the spicy ginger liquor and zesty lemon for a complex but utterly drinkable cocktail. Making a large batch of ginger liqueur and storing it in the fridge means you can enjoy this drink any time of the year!
What you’ll need:
Makes one cocktail
1. Juice ginger and carrots separately if doing so and set aside.
2. Make the simple syrup by vigorously shaking together ½ cup hot water and ½ cup granulated sugar in a sealed jar.
3. Make a large batch of ginger liqueur by combining together 8 oz vodka, 7 oz simple syrup, 2 oz fresh ginger juice, and 1 oz water. Seal in a jar and mix well to combine; some settling is normal.
4. Make the salt solution by combining 8 teaspoons hot water with one teaspoon of kosher salt and mixing well until dissolved. Set aside.
5. Into a cocktail shaker add ice, 1 ¼ oz vodka, ¾ oz prepared ginger liqueur, ¾ oz fresh carrot juice, ¾ oz fresh lemon juice, and 5 drops of prepared salt solution. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass with ice.
6. Garnish with your choice of fresh baby carrot with tops on, borage flowers, lemon peel, or a sprig of savory herbs and enjoy!
Check out the recipe video below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.