What you’ll need:
- Cutting board and knife
- Large sauté pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving bowl
- 1 bunch of sprouting broccoli
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1-2 red chili peppers
- 1.5 tsp ras el hanout spice (or substitute ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ tsp cayenne powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Trim the ends of the sprouting broccoli and set aside.
2. Cut chili pepper(s) into large chunks, removing the seeds to temper the spice if desired.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high and add peppers to infuse the oil.
4. Let the peppers sizzle for 3-4 minutes and add broccolini, and salt and pepper, to sauté, turning with the tongs for about 4 minutes, until stalks and florets are bright green but tender and a little browned around the edges.
5. Remove from the pan with tongs and place in a serving bowl, leaving behind chilis and oil.
6. Add chickpeas, spices, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir and let sizzle for 4 minutes until hot and crispy.
7. Empty the entire pan on top of the sprouting broccoli and add chopped cilantro for garnish. Serve and enjoy!