Herb and Cheese Layered Biscuits
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons and cups
- 3-inch Biscuit cutter
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tbsp fresh herb mix, chopped (basil, sage, thyme, scallions, dill, cilantro, parsley, etc.)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 oz pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together biscuit ingredients just until combined and set aside to rest.
- In a small bowl, mix together spread ingredients and set aside.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out biscuit dough into a thin sheet, about 1-2 cm thick. Cut out biscuit rounds using a biscuit cutter or wine glass. Reroll dough and cut again until all dough has been used.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, set out a layer of flat biscuit rounds, about 2 inches apart. Spread a thin layer of the herb mixture onto the top of each dough round. Top each dough round with a second dough round and spread another, slightly thicker, layer of the herb mixture on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until risen and golden brown on top. Enjoy warm!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *