What you’ll need:
- Pasta pot
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Serving bowl and utensils
- 12 oz orzo
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped, stems removed
- 1 ½ cup cucumber (Persian or English), diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup olives (green and kalamata), chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup mixed herbs (parsley, basil, dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Alt: Add feta cheese or ricotta salata, beans, broccoli or switch up the dressing to another fave
1. Cook orzo to package instructions and set aside to cool.
2. Shake together all dressing ingredients in a jar and pour into the bottom of a serving bowl.
3. Chop kale and gently massage into the vinaigrette dressing to soften.
4. Prep the remaining ingredients. When all of the ingredients are chopped, add them and the orzo to the serving bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
Check out the full recipe video from an episode of Seedsheet Live below!