Green Machine Tuna Salad Sandwich
These sandwiches are the perfect pack-along for any adventure and are even fancy enough for a lunch date paired with a fruit or crunchy chips on the side.
Makes 2 sandwiches
What you’ll need:
- Small food processor
- Two medium mixing bowls
- Cutting board and knife
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (any variety)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 5 oz can of tuna in water, drained
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad greens and/or more herbs for sandwich stacking (arugula, spring mix, romaine, sorrel, parsley etc.)
- 2 buns, English muffins, or flatbread wraps, lightly toasted
1- In a small food processor blend together the herbs, mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil until fairly smooth. Transfer dressing to a medium mixing bowl.
2- Add tuna to the bowl and use a fork to break up the tuna and combine with the dressing.
3- Add lemon zest, chopped celery, shallot, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4- In another medium bowl add greens and drizzle the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and toss with a little salt and pepper.
5- Build the sandwiches with greens and a scoop of tuna salad. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *