Garlic and Lemon Sautéed Beet Greens
With a clean, crisp flavor, these greens serve as an ideal bed underneath broiled whitefish, as a BBQ side next to a fat pulled pork sandwich, or tossed with pasta and cheese for a hearty meal.
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board and knife
- Sauté pan
- 1 large bunch beet greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
1. Wash and trim beet greens, leaving most of the stems. Cut into 2-inch ribbons, perpendicularly to the stem.
2. Heat olive oil in the pan and add garlic, cooking for about a minute, without browning. Add lemon juice and stir.
3. Toss the beet greens into the pan and use tongs to gently toss and sauté until leaves are wilted, but stems are still crisp.
4. Enjoy hot!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.