Put down that bottle of pre-made margarita-mix.
Combine fragrant cuttings of Thai Basil with a host of fresh tropical elements for our take on an herbal-tequila cocktail. This one is low in sugar, with no added artificial sweeteners or flavors. Fresh fruit and fresh herbs take this summer drink to next-level botanical bartending.
(Makes 2 drinks)
- 3 large cuttings of Thai basil, (with flowers if you have them)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz tequila
- Crushed ice
- Sea salt
(cocktail umbrellas optional, but how else will you know you're in paradise?)
- Add Thai basil leaves and flowers (saving two flower-tops for garnishing), lime juice, pineapple chunks, simple syrup, tequila, and ice to a cocktail shaker or pint glass and shake to combine the juices and flavors.
- Wet the rims of two glasses and dip into a plate with sea salt to coat all the way around the top.
- Add crushed ice to each glass, and strain cocktail mixture, dividing between the two glasses.
- Top each glass with soda water to the brim, and garnish with a lime slice and basil flower. Cheers!
Thai basil is an incredibly versatile herb, and pleasantly fragrant anywhere it goes. The flower garnished on this cocktail delights your nose on every sip...you just might need to make another round.
Leave a Comment