Tropical Thai Twist Cocktail
Put down that bottle of pre-made margarita-mix.
Combine fragrant cuttings of Thai Basil with a host of fresh tropical elements for our take on an herbal-tequila cocktail. This one is low in sugar, with no added artificial sweeteners or flavors. Fresh fruit and fresh herbs take this summer drink to next-level botanical bartending.
(Makes 2 drinks)
- 3 large cuttings of Thai basil, (with flowers if you have them)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz tequila
- Crushed ice
- Sea salt
(cocktail umbrellas optional, but how else will you know you're in paradise?)
- Add Thai basil leaves and flowers (saving two flower-tops for garnishing), lime juice, pineapple chunks, simple syrup, tequila, and ice to a cocktail shaker or pint glass and shake to combine the juices and flavors.
- Wet the rims of two glasses and dip into a plate with sea salt to coat all the way around the top.
- Add crushed ice to each glass, and strain cocktail mixture, dividing between the two glasses.
- Top each glass with soda water to the brim, and garnish with a lime slice and basil flower. Cheers!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *