IT'S TIME YOUR BREAKFAST GOT GREENER. LUCKILY, "SALAD GREENS" AREN'T LIMITED TO BOWL-OF-LEAVES-WITH-RANCH-DRESSING.
By combining fresh greens, radishes, garlic and protein-packed eggs, you'll feel more alert and ready to tackle the morning. Why not add superfoods to your AM fuel? Breakfast wont be the same again without these nutritious benefits.Forget the store, forget the fridge. Just clip a handful of leaves from your personal greens-buffet (aka Salads Seedsheet) and hack this meal together in 6 minutes flat.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- A handful of fresh baby greens of your choice, roughly chopped (whatever is available, radish tops count!)
- 2 radish roots, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes, as desired
- Salt & pepper
- Your favorite hot sauce (or really show-off with your homemade batch)
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add greens, garlic, pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add egg mixture to the skillet and stir to begin cooking.*
- Let solidify in the pan for 3-4 minutes and fold in half with a spatula.
- Cook for ~1 minute on each side, or until inside is cooked and the outsides are browned.
- Transfer to a plate and add radish slices & fresh ground pepper.
- Finish with that perfect hot sauce drizzle.
*Alternatively, radish slices may be added here to incorporate into your omelette!