This savory twist on a classic will make you feel like a bistro chef. The crunch of the toasty Sourdough bread in combination with the meltiness of the gouda cheese, the creaminess of the avocado, and the full flavor of the sage, marry together to make a showstopper. Add a side of chipotle aioli and you’ve got a taste that you will remember long after the final bite.
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Bread knife and chef’s knife
- Rubber spatula
- Large skillet with cover or foil
- Sourdough Bread, cut into 4 sandwich slices
- Smoked Gouda, thinly sliced
- 10 Sage leaves, finely chopped
- ½ Avocado, thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- Chipotle aioli for dipping
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and grease with cooking spray.
- Place bread mayo-side down on skillet and layer on sliced gouda, avocado, sage, and more gouda.
- Cover and melt cheese while bread browns (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip sandwich and brown bread on the reverse side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Slice in half and serve with chipotle aioli for dipping.