Garlic and Herb Buttered Zoodles
What you’ll need:
- Spiralizer (or a peeler for wider, fettuccine-like noodles)
- Large skillet with lid
- Cutting board and knife
- Serving bowl
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized or peeled into flat strips
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 5 large garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh zaatar leaves, chopped
- 2 cups tat soi or other wilting green, like spinach or kale
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Hard cheese for grating over top, like parmesan or pecorino romano
- Optional: Pine nuts or chopped walnuts for topping
1. First, spiralize or peel the zucchini to create the zoodles.
2. On medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and melt, then add zoodles, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until zucchini has been lightly sauteed, but still crunchy.
3. Remove the zoodles and any liquid from the pan with tongs and transfer to a colander to drain excess moisture.
4. On medium heat, add the remaining butter in the pan to melt. Add garlic and stir frequently, sizzling for 1 minute, or until cooked, but not browned.
5. Add the chopped herbs, a pinch of salt and pepper, and tat soi; sauté just until the greens are beginning to wilt.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the drained zoodles back to the pan. Sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zoodles are heated through. Season again if desired.
7. Plate, top with cheese, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *