Cheese, Herb, and Tomato Dip with Crostini
Perfect for game night or as an appetizer, this ooey-gooey-cheesy dip will keep everyone coming back for more (and you might not want to share)! Savory goat and ricotta cheeses are paired with sweet Sungold Cherry Tomatoes and aromatic Sweet Basil from our Pizza Seedsheet, as well as a zing from a green Cayenne pepper, found in our Hot Sauce Sheet, and a pop of citrus from a squeeze of lemon. Bonus points for freshly baked bread!
- Loaf baking dish
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl and rubber spatula
- Pastry brush
- 1 baguette
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced green cayenne pepper, or similar if mild spice is desired.
- 2 large minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp kosher coarse salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil, divided*
- 1 cup Sungold cherry tomatoes, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease baking dish with olive oil cooking spray
- Combine cheeses, olive oil, lemon juice, spicy pepper, garlic, and 1 tsp salt. Mix until combined.
- Add half of the chopped basil and lightly fold into cheese mixture.
- Add ⅔ cup whole cherry tomatoes to cheese mixture and lightly fold in, being careful not to squash the tomatoes.
- Transfer to baking dish and spread to edges.
- Slice the remaining tomatoes and gently press them into the top of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- While baking, slice baguette into rounds and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt. Flip rounds and repeat.
- Add to the oven for the last 5 minutes of the cheese baking.
- Remove the cheese and crostini from the oven. Flip the crostini and place back in the oven for 3 minutes or until gently crispy, but not hard.
- Top the cheese dip with remaining basil* and allow to cool for 7-10 minutes before serving with crostini and/or apple slices.
*Topping herb can be substituted with scallion, parsley, dill or anything desired.
Check out our Seedsheet Live video below for more info!
Grow your own deliciously fresh basil, dill, scallions, and more with our Herbs Seedsheet. Sweet Sungold Cherry Tomatoes can be found in our Pizza Seedsheet. Our Pesto Seedsheet has four unique varieties of basil, and the Cayenne peppers grown in our Hot Sauce sheet can be used as mild green chiles or ripened to a deep and spicy red. Custom Seedsheets can be created to mix and match everything tasty from spicy to sweet.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *