To give Borage enough room to grow, it requires "thinning" 10 days after planting when the seedlings are about an inch tall. These seedlings can be eaten, or planted in another area of fresh soil.
How to thin Borage:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plant and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Borage to 1 plant so it has enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plant.
- The extra seedlings are edible! Have these as a snack, or top your salads to enjoy the cucumber like taste.
- Watch the remaining two plants grow large and lush leaves.