To give Dragon Carrots enough room to grow, they require "thinning" 2 weeks after planting when the seedlings are about an inch tall. These seedlings can be eaten, or composted.
How to thin Dragon Carrots:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Dragon Carrots to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings are edible! Compost these, or enjoy as a snack.
- Watch the remaining two plants grow large and lush leaves.