How To Thin: Dragon Carrots
To give Dragon Carrots enough room to grow, they require "thinning" 2 weeks after planting when the seedlings are about an inch tall. These seedlings can be eaten, or composted.
How to thin Dragon Carrots:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Dragon Carrots to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings are edible! Compost these, or enjoy as a snack.
- Watch the remaining two plants grow large and lush leaves.
The Seedsheet Team
If you are talking about the Hot Sauce sheet, then the two carrots are actually different varieties. One of the carrots is a Dragon Carrot, which has a dark purple color on the outside and on the inside is bright orange, while the other is called a Napoli Carrot which is pretty much a standard bright orange carrot. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Hi Kal! Thanks for the question! Yes, the extra carrots that you thinned can be transplanted for extra bonus carrot plants! Enjoy your carrot bounty!
can the roots that were pulled out be planted for extra carrot plants?
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *