How To Thin: Thai Basil
To give Thai Basil enough room to grow, it requires 'thinning' 2 weeks after planting when the seedlings are about an inch tall. These seedlings can be eaten, or planted in another area of fresh soil.
How to thin Thai Basil:
- First, water the Seedsheet to saturate the soil and avoid damaging the roots.
- Second, select the healthiest plants and gently pull out the extras with your thumb and pointer finger.
- Thin Thai Basil to 2-plants so they have enough room to grow.
- Pat down the soil around the remaining plants.
- The extra seedlings are micro-basil! Have these as a snack, or top your salads with the delicate basil sprouts.
- Watch the remaining two plants grow large and lush leaves.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Comments will be approved before showing up. Required fields are marked *