Carrots are often added to dishes to introduce a little sweetness or a splash of color, but rarely get the spotlight all to themselves. We believe that this radiant root deserves to be in the spotlight for a change. This salad is a perfect side dish for everything from Thanksgiving to a summer cookout. This sweet and bright carrot slaw is sure to become a go-to.
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board and chef’s knife
- Box grater
- Salad bowl and serving spoons
- Jar for dressing
- 4 ½ cup fresh carrots, finely shredded
- 1 apple, sliced into matchsticks
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
- Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground dry mustard
- 1 tsp grated shallot
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Shred carrots and slice apples into matchsticks.
- Add all salad ingredients to a serving bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a lidded jar and shake well to combine.
- Dress salad to desired creaminess, adding a little dressing at a time and tossing.
Create your own Custom Seedsheet with four different types of colorful and snappy carrots!