This yummy and healthy egg dish is completely customizable with whatever fresh ingredients you have in your bounty. Make a Frittata for a breakfast or brunch date with friends, or an easy weekend breakfast for the family. It stores great it a sealed container and heats easily for a take-along breakfast anywhere!
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, fresh ground
Herbs- finely chopped
Vegetables- lightly sauteed in olive oil
Basil (any variety)
Spinach, Kale, or Chard
Tomatoes, sliced and pan-seared
Broccoli or rabe
Onion, red or white
Asiago, firmer with bite
Feta, salty and creamy
Brie, rich and creamy
Ricotta, mild and creamy
Parmesan or Pecorino Romano for topping (salty and nutty)
Veggie meat substitute
- 10-inch oven-safe skillet
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk (or fork)
- Measuring cup
- Cutting board and knife
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil to medium-high and sautee vegetable choices until lightly cooked.
- Add eggs, cheese, herb(s), and meat of choice and lightly mix, tapping down ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Cook undisturbed just until edges form and pull away from the edge of the pan, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until lightly browned on top and eggs are set, about 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with extra herbs and cheese if desired.
- Slice and serve warm!
Check out our episode of Seedsheet LIVE with a frittata recipe tutorial!