Paired perfectly with our lightly spicy Dill Dip, these fried pickles are fantastically crispy and addicting. The two keys for irresistible crunch are 1- dry pickles to avoid soggy fried batter, and 2- a panko breadcrumb outer layer for that perfect texture.
What you’ll need:
- Fryer or stock pot
- Slotted spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Paper towels
- 24+/- oz jar of dill pickles, round slices
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed to temper spiciness if desired
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Heat oil for frying to approximately 375°F
- Combine batter ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Lay pickles onto a double layer of paper towels or cloth and blot to remove moisture.
- Place panko breadcrumbs into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Place pickles into the batter and flip to cover completely. Tap lightly onto the side of the bowl to remove excess batter and toss into the bowl of panko to completely cover the batter. Rest batter-covered pickles on a paper towel covered plate until a batch is ready for frying.
- Test the oil to check if it is hot enough by tossing a panko breadcrumb into the pot; the crumb should sizzle and bubble vigorously if it's ready. Gently add the pickles and fry until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- While pickles are frying, make the dip by mixing together the yogurt, jalapeno, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh dill.
- Remove pickles from the oil with a slotted spoon and place onto a paper towel covered plate to dry.
- Enjoy these hot crispy pickles with dip immediately.
Grow and prepare your very own delicious dill pickles with our easy Pickle Seedsheet!