Packed with flavor and totally customizable, these crunchy plant-based tacos are totally addicting when paired with roasted poblano pepper crema drizzled on top. Whip these up for an easy Taco Tuesday, or a make-your-own taco bar party. Photo-ready, choose from infinite colorful toppings for a rainbow dish!
What you’ll need:
Roasted Poblano Crema:
1. Preheat oven to 400F to roast the poblano peppers.
2. While the oven is heating, cut the zucchini into 3-inch long sticks, lightly salted on all sides and set aside to sweat on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. While the zucchini are sweating, brush the poblano peppers with olive oil and roast for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the skin is blistered.
4. While the peppers are roasting, in a low bowl, whisk together the eggs and half and half for a wet dredge.
5. In a second low bowl, mix together the panko, flour, chili powder, salt, and pepper for a dry dredge.
6. Remove the poblano peppers from the oven and transfer them to a plastic zip-close baggie to cool.
7. Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
8. Place the zucchini sticks in the egg, several at a time, and push them around until they are coated on all sides. Transfer them to the dry dredge bowl and coat them on all sides with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
9. Place them in the heated pan and fry on each side until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
10. While the zucchini are sizzling, make the crema by removing the poblano peppers from the plastic baggie once cooled and peeling off the outer skin. Cut the peppers open and scrape out the seeds inside. Chop up the roasted peppers and mix together with the yogurt, half and half, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
11. When the zucchini are golden, transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to blot any excess oil.
12. Assemble the tacos to your taste in warm tortillas! Add cheese, shredded cabbage, radishes and more along with the crispy zucchini pieces, topped with crema, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of a lime wedge.
For a little extra spice, try our Ground Cherry Cayenne Hot Sauce drizzled over top!
Comments will be approved before showing up.