Celery greens add the most refreshing essence to this bright, summer cocktail. It's basically like an herbal, effervescent lemonade, low in sugar and topped with bubbles. This Celery Daisy is surely a day-sipper.
Celery Daisy Cocktail Recipe:
(Makes 2 cocktails)
- 6 cuttings of herb celery
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 lemon zest rinds, shaved (for garnish)
- 12 oz tonic water (you can sub plain soda water here)
- 3 oz gin
- Crushed ice
- Granulated sugar (for the glass rims)
- In a cocktail shaker or pint glass, add a handful of crushed ice, celery leaves (leaving 2 for garnishes), lemon juice, and gin.
- Wet the rim of 2 tall glasses with the squeezed lemon halves, and dip into granulated sugar to coat.
- Add crushed ice to each glass, about halfway full.
- Strain cocktail mixture into each glass, dividing between the two evenly.
- Top each glass with tonic to the brim, and add a long celery leaf and lemon twist in each. Cheers!
Herb celery is a versatile herb to grow, and one you can't typically find in the store. The compliments it brings to this Celery Daisy are perfect for a sunny day on the deck!