A large batch of this deliciously seasoned carrot chutney is the perfect condiment addition to your refrigerator door. Sweet, but flavorful this is an excellent topper to temper the spice of curries, add to a cheese and meat board, slather on a thick chunk of bread, spread onto a turkey sandwich, or mix a dollop with plain greek yogurt to make a tasty dip for samosas or grilled cheese.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups carrots (about 5 medium), grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Cutting board and chef’s knife
- Low saucepot and spatula
- Jar for storage
1. Heat a low saucepot on high. Add grated carrots and ginger, and minced garlic, and 1.5 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Add sugar, vinegar, and cardamom to the saucepot. Stir and continue to simmer for another 45 minutes, or until chutney has thickened.
4. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
5. Cool and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Grow your own snappy carrots with a Custom Seedsheet! We currently have four delicious carrot varieties to choose from and are always testing more.