DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN BOTANICAL COCKTAILS, COMPLETE WITH HOMEGROWN-EDIBLE FLOWERS?
The muddling of the borage foliage lends a cucumber flavor to the drink. Top the glasses with blue blossoms, both sweet & delicious.
- 6 large borage leaves
- 2 bunches borage flowers, separated
- 3 oz elderflower rum (or substitute 1 ½ oz white rum and 1 ½ oz St. Germain)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ oz simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Soda water
- Ice cube tray
- 2 rocks glasses
- At least 4 hours ahead, fill an ice cube tray with water and sprinkle in blue borage flowers from one bunch of blossoms. Place in freezer to set.
- When ready to prepare drinks, place borage leaves in a tall glass with simple syrup and muddle until lightly frothy. Add elderflower rum (or white rum & St. Germain), and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into two rocks glasses.
- Top with floral ice cubes prepared earlier, and fill with soda water to the brim of each glass.
- Garnish with additional borage flowers for a picture-perfect finish.